Notifications
Clear all

403 Error

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@djtech)

When I open the website on a computer connected to WiFi, it loads up fine. I will refresh it after a while that I notice I don’t have a request and it pops up “403 access denied.” This lasts for a couple of minutes and then it loads up. When I try to clear a request or refresh a minute or so later it pops up again and the cycle just connects. It works most of the time correctly but sometimes this happens. It only lasts a couple of minutes and only when I’m connected to WiFi. It does it on my phone and computer on WiFi. When I disconnect my phone from the WiFi it works

3 Replies
Admin
(@modemmike)

So there's a few reasons this might happen, mainly server resources. Each site/host is allocated a little bit of the resources and if the system detects subsite/host is using too much (for whatever reason) you'll get a 403. The only reason this might happen is if you have 1000's of requesters or if you have the admin panel open on a few screens.

The admin panel does a bunch of things in the background that are pretty resource-heavy. Did you by chance have the host dashboard open in more than one place?

The server this runs on has occasionally reports it's running out of resources but it's really random and most of the time it's running well below nominal.

Keep me updated if you see this again.

BTW, I moved the topic here to a new forum, apparently, we didn't have a bug report section... 2 years in and just didn't have any reports. Oh well, we have one now.

2 Replies
(@djtech)

@modemmike no I don’t have it open in more than one place. I use the dj software and chrome for the page and only have it open on one tab. And I mainly just use the admin page. Is that the dashboard you are referring to? I’ll let you know tonight if it happens again

(@djtech)

Yes it still does it. Even when I logged into the forums it did it on WiFi. I shut the WiFi off on my phone and it worked. But the computer is still on the 403 page. 

Share: